You will find information on how to build your own Aquaponics setup, or purchase a pre-made system. We have a few different models to choose from, or one can be custom made to suit your needs!
Aquaponics (IPA: /ˈækwəˈpɒnɪks/) is a self-watering closed-loop system that uses fish effluent and plants in a complementing recirculating environment to grow vegetables at an accelerated rate.
- The fish in the water produces waste (ammonia), which is converted by nitrifying bacteria into nitrates, which fertilizes the plants, 'cleaned' water is then returned to the fish tank.
- Plants grow at a faster rate, organically
- Aquaponic systems never have to be traditionally watered - it waters itself!
- The water recirculates! NO dumping water into the ground! Because of the closed loop system, aquaponic systems uses less then 1/10th the amount of water then a normal garden!
- The raised beds means less bugs and weeds! It's also easier on your back!
- Grow your own vegetables and fish with ease. Just 15 minute a week brings you your own organic fish and vegetables.
Want to see what its all about? Check out our picture gallery for pictures of peoples DIY systems and our Aquaponics in Paradise meet ups HERE